Let's call a Spade a Spade
We at NYJC believe that students come to us because they want to get to a university of their choice. We take our core business of Teaching and Learning (T & L) very seriously. We commit to being a learning community where engaged practitioners inspire passionate inquirers through effective, relevant and value-centric teaching and learning.
Passion drives and Happiness matters
It is important to us that our students and staff enjoy what they do in the college. Schools cannot be just about assignments and examinations. We believe that holistic education is the key to well-developed individuals who will be able to take on the challenges of the future and excel in a dynamic environment. We allow our students to take ownership of their learning and development, evident in the more than 150 subject combinations and the myriad of co-curricular activities. We have also designed a unique Managing Self Leading Others (MSLO) framework to enhance the capabilities and capacities of our students in the areas of character and leadership development.
Our Mission, Shared Vision and Values
Together We Build
Our students must be men and women of integrity where values serve as moral compasses for decision making as they progress to adulthood.
Our students must be confident, proactive and gracious citizens, equipped to seize opportunities and overcome life’s challenges.
As future leaders of Singapore, our students must become adaptable and well-rounded individuals with drive, who contribute to society to the best of their abilities.
Our Shared Vision
A leading college serving the nation with:
- Enhanced character development
- Quality staff
- Quality learners
- Organisational excellence
- Drive – being motivated and passionate in trying new things and doing things well.
- Responsibility – being accountable to self, college and community.
- Integrity – being honest, upright and courageous in doing what is morally right.
- Inventiveness – being innovative and resourceful in putting things together in a new way and introducing a new idea to make a positive change.
- Empathy – being compassionate and sensitive to others, and helping others to the best of one’s ability.