Role of Parents in ECG
Why is ECG important for children?
- To harness children's passion to pursue academic and career aspirations that match their interest, abilities and values.
- To help them make informed choices when they pursue their educational pathways or enter the workforce.
- To help them explore their dreams, find suitable educational pathways and develop to become confident and motivated individuals who are ready for decisions and transitions in the 21st century.
How can my child benefit from ECG?
The Ministry of Education actively promotes Education and Career Guidance (ECG) in schools. ECG is a developmental process which helps your children
- Become more aware of their strengths, interest and values
- Make informed decisions when making education and career choices
- Find relevance in the subjects they are studying, and hence
- Be more motivated to work hard and do well in school.
What is my role as a parent in ECG?
You play place a crucial role to
- Help your children discover their interest and strengths;
- Guide them to make informed education and career choices that will impact their future significantly.
What can parents do?
Parents can help their children realise their dreams by:
Showing concern and support
Engaging in Discussions
Working with Schools
Useful links and resources
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/programmes/social-emotional-learning/education-career-guidance/You can also find out more about the various educational pathways for your child at